For the hardware of the system, users need system software whereas to perform the specific function users need Application software. To operate the hardware of the system, the system software is necessary. For operating of application software, system software provides the platform.
- To operate the hardware of the computer, system software used whereas users use application software to perform specific tasks.
- At the time of installation of OS, system software installs in the computer whereas Application software is installed in the computer according to the requirement of users.
- Users do not interact with system software generally because it works in the background whereas users directly interact with application software in general.
- System software runs independently because of the background work of system software whereas application software cannot run independently.
- Compiler, assembler, debugger, and driver are the examples of system software whereas Word Processor, Web Browser, and the media player are the example of application software.